Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mediterranean cruise 2006 - Marseilles

First port was Marsailles, France. It's a little fishing village. Unfortunately there was not much open since we were there on Sunday and everything was closed except the restaurants.


I was able to attend mass at this Catholic church that is at the top of a very high hill. All I have to say is I'm greatful for motorized transportation. I can't imagine people walking to mass every Sunday. American Catholics have it pretty easy -- the kneelers in this church were wood with absolutely no cushioning. I'll have to remember that the next time I think about complaining about kneeling in mass.

In the harbor of Marseilles was Chateau D'If. It was the location of the prison scenes in the movie "The Count of Monte Cristo."

No comments:

Post a Comment