Friday, July 3, 2009

Germany - Day 1 and 2

Arrived in Germany after about a 13-hour flight.  My sister and brother-in-law met me at the airport and we made the 1 1/2 hour drive to their home.  First we stopped at the base so that I could get a temporary ID card that will allow me on the base.  I made the joke to my brother-in-law that I could do whatever I wanted and he would get in trouble since he was my sponsor, but then he reminded me that he signed as my sponsor so that gives him the right to boss me around which I don't think I like too much.

Last night for dinner we went to an authentic little German restaurant and had an early evening.  This morning we're getting ready to go on a Rhine River cruise where we will see lots of castles and little German towns.  Photos will follow hopefully.

So far the trip's going great.  The only downfall is I either left my makeup on my bed or the TSA did not put it back in my suitcase after they searched it.  So I'm seeing Germany au naturale :-) Hopefully it's sitting on my bed; otherwise, I get to spend about $200 to replace everything when I get back.

Aufweidersein

No comments:

Post a Comment